Protein Banana Nut Muffin
You have heard time and time again, how important it is to start your day with a protein packed breakfast. But are you are sick of your eggs and avocado toast? Does the thought of another bite of Greek yogurt make you gag? You're missing that fluffy carb filled breakfast that you use to use to jump start you day, but would leave you with a major blood sugar crash and starving for lunch. Have no fear my Protein Banana Nut Muffin is here.
A Protein Banana Nut Muffin has 10 grams protein per muffin which is more than the 8 grams found in one large egg. Plus the muffin is pack with 5 grams of fiber while remaining low in carbs and very filling.
Starting your day with these protein packed muffins may lead to:
- Improve mental performance at work or school
- Feeling fuller for longer and decreased cravings
- Reduction of belly fat and decreased waist circumference
- Less snacking
The key to a great tasting and moist muffin is find that perfectly ripe banana. A yellow banana that is covered with a lot of spots is a perfectly ripe, delicious and sweet. Also the chia seeds adds a ton of moisture without changing the flavors, so don't skip those! The muffin base is perfect for adding extra flavor and crunch with items like walnuts or chocolate chips or almonds or any other flavor combination that makes your mouth water. You can have your muffin and eat it too!
Servings: 12 muffins
Ingredients: 4 very ripe bananas, mashed 2 eggs 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil 2 Tbsp Chia seeds 1 ½ cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill) 2 scoops vanilla or plain protein powder (Whey/pea protein)
¾ tsp salt ¾ tsp baking soda ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional) ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
Steps: (1) Mix together: 3 very ripe bananas, mashed 2 eggs 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
(2) Then add: 1 ½ cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill) 2 scoops vanilla or plain protein powder ¾ tsp salt ¾ tsp baking soda
(3) Finally, add: ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional) ½ cup chocolate chips if you like (optional)
(4) Place in a muffin tin greased with olive oil. Bake in 325 oven for 22-24 minutes.